Why Become a Member of the NTT Faculty Association?
Members of the NTT Faculty Association joined because they know:
- Collective bargaining improves the working conditions of the term faculty of SIU and the learning environment of our students.
- Membership gives us a voice in determining the course our union takes. Only members are allowed to vote on the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Regardless of whether one becomes a member of the NTT FA or not, under Illinois labor law, we are ALL subject to the terms of the collective bargaining agreement we negotiate with the SIU Administration. Without high membership numbers we will not have the power to negotiate a fair and equitable contract on your behalf. Membership truly helps us help one another.
Members also enjoy a multitude of benefits including:
- Local affiliation with the Illinois Education Association, which is an affiliate of the National Education Association. As a member of these powerful teachers’ organizations we have the benefit of their experience, resources, and influence as they advocate for us and our students’ behalf in Springfield and Washington. We have access to all of their teaching material and articles online, and a free subscription to The Advocate, the IEA’s monthly magazine.
- Legal assistance any time we have a question about our employment rights or benefits.
- Special discounts on home / auto insurance, credit cards, free life/accident insurance, IRAs, annuities, and access to the IEA Credit Union.
- Savings of up to 50 percent on every day purchases of everything from movie rentals, restaurants, and clothes from local vendors to hotel rooms, vacation packages, car rentals, and cruises nation-wide. Example: view info on Sprint phone discounts.
- Access to basic computer and software training, free.
Want to become a member NOW? Visit the “JOIN” page.